View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #3135
SuzyS1104
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativechris View Post
paperprairies and SuzyS1104 can you tell me if you have found any videos on how to use the prismacolor colorless blender pencils? I don't think I am using them right as they don't seem to do much of anything on my work. I have a lot of Copics I don't use but I must say I do like the way they blend. I can't seem to get my Prismacolors to blend.

I get a headache from using OMS even though it is odorless so I can't use that method. I was so hoping that the colorless blender pencil would work for me.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks!

Sorry...I didn't see this sooner!! Where does my time go? LOL

To answer you question....I haven't looked for videos. I just experimented on my own. I watched a few copic mark videos and just translated that into the prisma pencils and colorless blender pencil. I usually put a layer of color down (the lightest)....then use the colorless blender pencil in a circular motion. Leaving a little area white...or very light of color (shows the highlight area). Then I come back and do the next shade (same color) outlining what I had just colored. Again...blending with the pencil in a circular motion...pulling some of it in to that base color. Then go to the next darker shade...and repeat. I do this until I have all the shading that I want to do. It's not unusual for me to use 3-5 pencils on one area. If I can't find the darkest shade...I will use either dark brown, steel, or black to do that last dark shade...but, not too heavy so you can see the color that had down right before hand.

here is the Christmas card I did recently.....plus several others. I discovered with the fairy and mushroom card that it is better to do the background shading first...then you don't smear the other colors when you are doing the background. That was a highpoint recently discovering that! I guess I did look at the Outlines website. It had some samples done with some blogs. That's where I got the idea of doing the background first.

I do try a little pressure to the blender pencils when I doing the small circles.
I clean the pencil off when I change colors completely....I leave it when I'm doing all red, but when I switch to green...I clean the blender pencil by rubbing it on a scratch piece of paper...or scrape it with my nails to get it off.

Hope this helps you out....I can explain more if need be. Just let me know! Glad to help out!
Attached Thumbnails
p1060090.jpg   p1050767.jpg   p1060065-2048.jpg   p1060073.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!