Thread: Purging ??
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 03:06 AM   #17
gabalot
Proud Fan Club Member

Wink WHAT I DO WITH MY UGLY DP

CaUtIoN! bEwArE! IF YOU ARE HELL BENT ON GETTING RID OF YOUR UGLY DP AND YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHY IT'S TOUGH FOR ME TO PART WITH (at least not all of it anyway) ... FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY AND SANITY, PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS POST! HEEEEEE!

More than once, I did donate 1,000s of sheets of ugly dp because beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I felt "brave" on those days. But ... I still have 1,000s of sheets of ugly dp left. I keep at hand, one 13 x 13 x 4" box full of ugly dp which I use to "practice" things like boxes or card folds, etc. before I use the "good stuff." For example, before I had a SU matchbox die I used my ugly dp to practice making them from cut/score/ fold instructions I got off the web. Lucky for me I used my ugly dp because that first night, I made four and each one turned out a little different! Hee! (Hence, justification to buy the die--arrgghh!) I often use the white side (most of my ugly dp is one-sided) on which to "practice" stamp. As in, when I want be sure I have the letters lined up straight on my acrylic block, and before I stamp on my project or die cut, I practice stamp them. I have used Ranger distress paint and/or ink to paint over ugly dp. And on the more neutral shades of ugly dp, I ink them up with distress ink or ink pads (sponging, dragging, swiping on my craft mat and spritzing, then pressing it down or dragging it through, and drying), for backgrounds or to die die cut. Thanks a lot, Tim! If I am trying to design a new sketch w/multiple panels and I want to make sure my measurements are correct, I grab a sheet of ugly dp and make a test run. Saves mistakenly cutting my "good stuff," right? Then again, I could just buy an extra ream of copy paper at Walmart for $4 and call it good. Do I really need a 4' stack of ugly dp taking up space in my paper area? Then again, sometimes an 8.5 x 11 sheet won't do and you need that full 12 x 12 sheet of ugly dp. Hmmmm. 'To de-clutter my ugly dp or to not de-clutter my ugly dp, that is the question.' Heehee!

Last edited by gabalot; 09-26-2012 at 03:10 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!