View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #13
maryrose
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wright1 View Post
I had the laproscopic surgery 3 years ago due to fibroids. I still have both ovaries. While I love the fact that I do not have to deal with periods, I wish I had known about all the side effects.

I have dealt with perimenopause. I use to have so much hair that I couldn't pull my hair into a ponytail because the weight of it would make my head hurt. I no longer have to deal with that.

I have melasama all over my forehead, both cheeks and am still getting more. Its due to a hormonal imbalance.

Lower sex drive, etc...

For those of you considering this procedure please make sure you not only do research on the procedure but also what happens afterward.

After I started having side effects due to the hysterectomy, I found this site and had a lot of questions answered.
Hysterectomy Support Discussions, Before Hysterectomy, After Hysterectomy, Recovery - HysterSisters

Forgot to mention, my surgery was a breeze. Very little pain, took it easy for a couple of days and I was back to normal. Have two tiny little scars that if I didn't point them out to you, you wouldn't know they were there.
You had me at "I do not have to deal with periods." Everything else was like "Yep, I can deal with that. No more periods? Sign me up!" LOL Seriously, I haven't been able to work this year because there are at least one or two weeks that are unbearable every month. It has negatively impacted my life long enough.

Scheduled my surgery today for November. Would've done it sooner if I could have, but I'll be counting down the days.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!