View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #14
dottiejdavis
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to dottiejdavis
Default Copic Markers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post
This means the retail price is increasing by $1 each for Sketch. I am sure all retailers, including Oozak , will be forced to raise their prices.

The problem is NOT the Copic company it is the devaluation of the US dollar against other world currencies. It is particularly severe against the Yen.

I make Temari which is a Japanese craft. The books come from Japan.
5-6 years ago I paid $22-$25 for each book Now the books are $39-$42. Needless to say at those prices I only bought one must have book in the past couple of years . It cost $42.50 plus shipping. And the books are soft covers!

If our government keeps printing more money we will not be able to afford to buy the things we love.

I love my Copics and I am happy I postponed all other purchases and I bought nearly all the colors I wanted before the last two increases took affect
I appreciate Barbara's understanding of why the cost of everything is going up. Its called QE3 or quantitive ease (third time) which enables the Federal Reserve to print more fiat money (paper) which in turns floods the populace and lowers the value of the dollar (because so many more dollars are out there.)
I do not have but 4 Copics and they are lovely to color with but the price just makes me gag so I have decided I would rather buy dies or stamps etc., than spend it on Copic markers. I do not color as much or as nicely as a lot of you gals (wish I could) but just simply cannot rectify spending even $6 for one marker. I have Prisma pencils, Watercolor crayons, Tombow markers, Distress Markers which all do their job in their proper forum. Problem really is -is that I need to learn how to use what I have....I have seen spectacular coloring projects gals have done with Prisma pencils. I know, I know, Copics are so bright and clear and concise and much easier to regulate color than prisma; that's the problem with tasting the best of the best!!!

Last edited by dottiejdavis; 09-25-2012 at 09:58 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!