View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 02:10 AM   #90
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LN View Post
Question for anyone that has a Cameo.. I have looked at their store and I was wondering if someon who has both machaines could answer this question please?

the cut designs with the Cricut usally have layers and I kind of like that do
the designs of the Cameo cuts have as many layers?

If my question doesn't make sense please let me know becuase I am thinking on getting a Cameo but that just might hold me back and I don't really need to purchase another machine that I won't use.
I know what your asking. I am going to "steal" the best answer I ever heard from a Cameo/Cricut user. It was a question one time why some crafter's have both machines. This answer from a lovely lady really explained it.

"The Cricut is a paper piecing machine. The Cameo is a die cutter." It was not worded exactly like that, lol. That was the gist of it.

The images in Cameo's store are mainly cut files with one layer. I have seen a few layered files from Cameo's store but not in the quantity Cricut users are use too.

Cameo users can download their own paper piecing (layer) files. There are a lot of great design sites online who have beautiful paper piecing (layer) files.

In the old days, like five years ago , the big trend was using color pages to make your own paper piecing (layer) files. The concept is still the same with die cutters.

Here's a couple of traditional tutorials-

Basic Paper Piecing
Create Your Own Paper Piecing Pattern

Here's one for the Cameo-

Scrap til your heart's content: Tutorial: Step by Step paper piecing card with the Silhouette Cameo

The majority of my Cameo work I design is paper piecing files. Even though I own both Hello Kitty cartridges from Cricut I make a lot of Hello Kitty files. I still use coloring books. I have a really nice library of coloring books too. I do download an occasional coloring page but I prefer my books.

I will throw another tip for paper piecing (layer) files. Cameo is very popular with quilters. Quilter's really depend on paper piecing. I don't know any tutorials offhand but I have seen Cameo quilting tutorials for paper piecing.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!