View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #90
leibetty
Chat Box Hippy Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Ok, so alcohol/distress ink peeps. I do not own any. Why do I need them? What do you do with them that can't be done with regular inks?
If I was doing something like this: Card Ideas / Christmas card (the inking on the edges of the dsp
1)What colour(s) would you recommend for something like that?
2)Is it done by sponging or some other method?
DIstress inks, they stay wetter longer, so they blend better, and give a bit softer look that say SU dye ink, (and they stay wet on the sponge IMO,almost forever) I much prefer them the SU ink, for that edge technique. I use makeup sponge (the triangles) or just use the ink pad direct to paper. I also mark a sponge per color, but you certainly CAN rinse them out, though I agree with Stacy, washing down the drain.

You can also watercolor with them, just like any dye ink, and the purple doesn't turn pink or blue with water

the first color I got was walnut stain. which is rather dark, ok VERY Dark
I watched a series of videos the other day and the gal also started with the Walnut Stain, but after having them ALL, she recommended the Vintage Photo for a nice brown. ( I don't have it LOL, nor do I have the Antique linen or something old? Paper, those I think are really light)

and for you, I also recommend Dusty Concord
the other brown that I have that I like is Tea Dye (kinda creamy caramel ish)
I also for brown have Brushed Courderoy and Frayed Burlap, and I don't reach for those even 1/6th of the time I reach for the others.

I almost couldn't make anything without them, because I love the inked edge look... but haven't much lately trying to do things I can show at workshops

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurlynn View Post
I was looking at her blog...she has a few pretty purple cards. Found the present one and she said she used "chocolate" ink, didn't specify the brand. For edges like that, I use the ink spots and just rub the edge of the paper/cs on the pad.
she specified everything CTMH unless noted (at the top of the list) lol

Stacy, do you have any of the new seasonal colors?

(I just got the summer and spring I think)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!