View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
buggainok
Watercolor Wizard

Paige, I just got several sets of the Spectrum Noir markers. First, they have a harder nib/tip than the Copics, not a brush tip. So if you love the brush tip on Copics, they are probably not for you.

I have some Copics, lots of Bics and Sharpies, and quite a few of the Touch Twin markers, so I'm used to using different types of tips. The Spectrum Noir really remind me a lot of the Touch Twin, in fact.

They are certainly very cheap compared to Copics, which is why I bought them.

I had read comments about the tops being hard to get off, so I was prepared for that. And yes, several were VERY hard to get off. In fact, I had to use pliers the first time I took the top off. After I got the top off, it became easier with each use. Some of the tops came off quite easily. I don't know what the deal is with that. Quality control, I guess.

If you really have trouble with your hands, you might not want to take the chance of getting a batch with difficult tops. Other than that, they are great markers, and come in lots of good colors.

You might want to check out the Touch Twin markers. I got a set of them that I am very pleased with. The tops are perfectly easy to take on and off. I got an older version, which had the harder nibs, and they were very reasonable. I think the newer versions of the Touch Twin have brush tips and are more expensive.

Here is a link to where I got my Touch Twin. They are very inexpensive, only $19.99 for a set of 12. They don't have too much of a color selection left, but I would highly recommend them.

ShinHan Touch Twin Marker Sets - JerrysArtarama.com

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!