09-23-2012, 05:59 PM
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Temple, Tx
TLC396 ~ Make Your Own Polka Dots ~ (9/24/12)
Hello everyone....hope you have had a wonderful weekend!!! It's my turn to host this week's TLC........ we are going to make your own polka dots!!!
How many times have you wanted to use polka dot paper but didn't have the right color??? Well, stress no more....we are going to make our own!!! All you need is a punch of some kind and a piece of card stock...yup...it's that easy!!!
1. If you want a random polka dot, just punch around the edges of the card stock layer and cover the center part that the punch couldn't reach with a sentiment layer, image, or flowers.
2. If you want a more uniform polka dot design, dry emboss your card stock with a dotted folder and punch the raised areas.
3. You can also emboss your card stock with a dotted folder and color each of the raised dots with a marker, ink pad, or Versamark Pen, for example.
4. The punched holes can also be used for polka dots....just glue them on your card stock or make something creative with them like a butterfly trail.
5. Back the punched polka dot layer with different colored papers for a variety of color and a festive look.
5. If all else fails and you have a polka dot stamp, use that to make your polka dot creation!!!
6. Have fun!!!!
Holly Brown's Sample
Dotty Butterfly Wishes
Remember when uploading to use keyword TLC396 (no spaces)
You can view the entire TLC394 Gallery here
Last edited by joan ervin; 09-23-2012 at 06:03 PM..