Thread: Purging ??
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #10
smcdonough
Kookie Creator

I decided to do the "I won't buy any new stamping items until I finish 100 projects" challenge. Most of you know this as 100 cards in 100 days. I knew going in that I would never finish my projects in 100 days, but the most important thing in this challenge for me was to stop buying stuff until I used up and or purged my old stuff. Last year I made some Halloween cards and used up all of my orange ribbon and CS and it was a great feeling!

I got rid of the patterned paper I knew I wouldn't use. Some went to my mom and aunt and some I sent off to people in need.

I recently made SU swatch sheets using excel where I have a sample of each card stock color, ink pad and matching ribbon. All the old ink pads and CS I decided I don't like I have put in a box for donation. There must be 15 or 20 sets of them.

I also sorted all my bling into color drawers. I just added my ribbon spools to those. As I was moving the ribbon to its new home I got rid of all the spools that I knew I would not use or just didn't like anymore. I have a parks and rec near my house that specifically asked for ribbon donations, so I will drop my extra off there.

I have put the Quickkutz Revolution machine up for sale on Craig's list, since I bought the Genius platform for my Big Shot and I don’t really need two die cutting machines.

I have a box of stamps that I don't use, but those I will keep until next year, just in case I change my mind.

When purging, I tend to get rid of stuff quickly that I could easily replace and easily forget about. I mean in 6 months am I really going to remember that pink polka dotted ribbon?

But the big stuff, I now always think twice about. I have regretted selling off some of my stamp sets that I thought I would never use, then 2 months later I see an awesome card that I know I could easily make with that stamp set I just got rid of.

I suggest taking the purging thing slow. Get a big box and put the stuff you think you don’t want anymore, but are not sure, in there and store it somewhere for a year. Then when you need something in there you can get it, or if you don’t touch it you know you won’t miss it.

Good luck! I say have fun too, because I love organizing my stuff as much as I love creating with it!!

Last edited by smcdonough; 09-23-2012 at 04:00 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!