View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
momof5sons
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Heart Clean and Simple (CAS) Favorites for the Week Ending September 23,2012

Happy fall, Y'all (at least to those of us in the Northern Hemisphere)! I hope that wherever you are, that your weather is moderating and the excitement of a new season is bringing joy to your life and to your card making. Welcome to the Clean and Simple favorites thread...the place to share those special cards found in the gallery this week that use a lighter hand in the creative process. Here are some of the beauties that I couldn't resist sharing:

~Fee~'s Hippo Hooray uses a wonderful design and a sweet twist for a baby card
Loll Thompson's Snowy Mittens uses twine as texture
swldebbie's Happy Birthday Nancy sponges and shades the perfect backdrop for her silhouettes
Luv Flowers doubled an image and multiplied it's beauty in Keep Your Faith
ocstamper34 Challenge card used a fun a creative way to make a classic pattern
BarbieP's take on this week's sketch made me smile with Courtney's Shower (plus I'm a sucker for exquisite paper piecing!)
Biggan's Leaves combines realism, minimalism and geometric in stunning creativity
Auntie Susan nailed the color of a fall sky in Autumn Oval
deconstructingjen's Birthday Card Set is classic, trendy and cheerful all at once
Heather T shared a crop of cool sponging, for example the shadow and shading in Winter Berries just blew me away
CAKath's depth of subject and field yielded a glorious result in Shadow Tree
cjzim used this weeks challenge colors in a soft and delightful Floral design
as did artystamper with Celebrate
I love how lisa lara can use lots of white and a rainbow of hues - Looking Up being a prime example
whiterockmama's Sketch meets CAS uses some sophisticated touches in a clean look
And finally, I wish that I could share each of the amazing cards made by the Tea Potters to celebrate the wedding of Sara Torina, but I settled on two stunning examples:
mother's daughter's paper embroidery in Joined Hearts transcends visual to a feast of senses
ctorina's wish from mother To Sara and Dave

Now it's your turn. I know that there are lots more CAS delights out there that deserve a little extra love...share them with us! Use the instructions in the following post if you haven't yet dipped your toes in the Favorites pool.

Thanks so much to each of you who creates and shares here on SCS - your inspiration is a blessing. Thanks also to those who share in this thread. Enjoy the galleries and have a peaceful week.

My time is not mine to have, but mine to share
Proud Fan Club member
Marzi, Punchkateer Apprentice - why use 1 when you can use 2? or 8?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!