View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
contrapat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8cards View Post
At the urging of a friend, I participated in a local Bazzill swap several months ago.....make ten cards....receive ten cards, etc. Anyway, I made some really nice, detailed cards and had fun doing it. I couldn't believe the cards I received in return because 8 of the 10 were more than disappointing. They used Bazzill paper, but other than that, they were just bad! Is there something I am missing?? Are swap cards supposed to be less than a card you'd send to a friend?? Am I being too picky? I want to do the Christmas swap, but I am afraid of the same result. Has anyone had a similar experience???
I have been disappointed in some swaps I've participated in. It irks me to get images where they caught an edge, or wildly irregular layers, etc. when I sent pristine cards out. (I've also gotten AMAZING things in some swaps too) It seems to me that knowing you don't have to come face to face with the other swappers seems to allow some folks to go ahead and sent whatever. I only participate in swaps here on SCS where I either am acquainted with the hostess and know she will reject badly stamped items, or have heard from others that the hostess runs a good swap. It really depends on the hostess in any swap to lay out the rules, and actually stand by her standards. This means mailing back things that are really not acceptable- or swapping like for like. I did a swap once here where I asked the hostess privately about some of the things I was seeing posted, and she assured me that she sorted the swap items, and sent back equivalent items, good for good, poor for poor. That seems very fair.