Pearl-ExPert

Default Back To School Master Challenge Thread - No Chatting Please

Title: Line 'Em Up!
Hostess: meerkat3 (Leslie)
Keyword: SEP12VSNA
Day/Date: Friday, Sept 21st
Time: 5:00pm EST

EEEP! I'm first! (no pressure)

Welcome to the September 2012 Back To School Virtual Stamp Night! Let's get this show on the road!

When I was a kid, I could not wait for the first day of school. Back then we didn't have the frenzy of Back-To-School shopping lists. Nope. All we needed was a 3-ring binder; a pencil holder that fit in the front of the 3-ring binder that held pencils (#2, sharpened), a pencil sharpener, a small ruler, maybe scissors; and best of all: notebook paper. White, with blue horizontal lines, and a red vertical line separating the three punched holes from the area in which you wrote. Ah, the good old days.

Did you know there were (maybe still are) different kinds of lined notebook paper? Yep. Some were narrower than others (smaller spaces between the lines) and some were *gasp* blank! Those were for geometry and physics. Just a bit of trivia for you.

My challenge is for you to incorporate notebook paper into your card. It can be real notebook paper (steal some from your kid's notebook), or a stamped image of notebook paper, or heck - computer-generate it! I'd just like to see something I recognize as notebook paper.

Have fun with it!

VIEW THE GALLERY FOR THIS CHALLENGE HERE SEP12VSNA

UPLOADING INSTRUCTIONS:

1. ALL VSN CREATIONS MUST BE UPLOADED BY 10:00 PM EST ON Monday September 24th.
2. You have 45 minutes to complete the challenge.
3. Please remember to put in the correct keyword, SEP12VSNA, when uploading your image. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.

It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in this chat thread to be sure you layout is seen.

I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

First two samples by me. Numbers 3 & 4 by Melissa Shea. Number 5 by Natalie (paper24x7).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SEP12VSNA-LaDeDah.jpg (69.7 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg SEP12VSNA-OMG.jpg (66.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Melissa1a.jpg (71.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Melissa2a.jpg (54.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg Natalie2a.jpg (49.3 KB, 31 views)
My blog:
The Crooked Stamper
Dear SCS spell-checker, "bling" is SO a word. Pffth.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!