View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #12
wright1
Polyshrink Goddess

I had the laproscopic surgery 3 years ago due to fibroids. I still have both ovaries. While I love the fact that I do not have to deal with periods, I wish I had known about all the side effects.

I have dealt with perimenopause. I use to have so much hair that I couldn't pull my hair into a ponytail because the weight of it would make my head hurt. I no longer have to deal with that.

I have melasama all over my forehead, both cheeks and am still getting more. Its due to a hormonal imbalance.

Lower sex drive, etc...

For those of you considering this procedure please make sure you not only do research on the procedure but also what happens afterward.

After I started having side effects due to the hysterectomy, I found this site and had a lot of questions answered.
Hysterectomy Support Discussions, Before Hysterectomy, After Hysterectomy, Recovery - HysterSisters

Forgot to mention, my surgery was a breeze. Very little pain, took it easy for a couple of days and I was back to normal. Have two tiny little scars that if I didn't point them out to you, you wouldn't know they were there.

Last edited by wright1; 09-20-2012 at 08:31 PM.. Reason: Added last paragraph
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!