View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #126
contrapat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabradorDork View Post
Good morning!!

Pork Palace?!! *drools* I forgot to tell ya'll that I have a bacon habit as well. I mail order bacon from Benton's every other month and I've recently discovered how amazing my slow cooker is at helping me make pulled pork sandwiches (minus the smoked flavor), so we've been having those at least once a week lately. I may have to convince "the dude" to go a road trip to this Pork Palace.
Best Mom Wilson story (so far)

They are only open from October through Mother's Day. I had stopped by on a dance trip in April one year, and bought a couple of pounds of their (then new) pulled pork. Got home, and tried it with friends. OMG!!! So, had to figure out how to get back and buy more before May closing. I lived in Detroit. I had a dance weekend coming up at Oberlin College in Ohio. Oberlin is nowhere NEAR Delaware. So, I left early that Friday with a HUGE cooler in my back seat, drove 3 1/2 hours south to Mom Wilson's, bought 50 one pound packages of pulled pork (they had it frozen and ready for me). Then I drove 3 1/2 hours north to Oberlin, danced all weekend, kept the cooler full of ice, and then drove home Sunday afternoon, and deposited the pulled pork in our freezers (friends who tasted it wanted some, so I made the big buy).

I have DRIVEN home to Michigan for a visit (from Kansas) only because having the car meant I could drive to Mom Wilson's, get a load of pork products and haul them back to Kansas. And, yeah, I timed that trip so it would be after they opened in October. (And it's two HARD days drive from KS to MI)