View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 02:51 AM   #14
shazsilverwolf
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuncionshija View Post
We recently bought some stuff for my space from Ikea. Sadly, I couldn't do their desks - I'm too tall & have bad knees (so my chair has to be up high) to fit. Why, oh why, are their desks all 28"?? Still trying to figure out how to support the gorgeous glass top we bought there. Make sure to check their clearance stuff - especially if you/hubby are handy!
Have you seen the trestles they have for their desks now? You can vary the height to suit yourself.
I have to admit to being new to IKEA- everyone always raved about them, but I was always-meh! just another flatpack store.
Then we visited- OMG!!!
Bought all our new bedroom furniture there, and I have got to say I would NEVER go anywhere else now, lol!
I will be getting a new craft room soon, I do have one now, but my youngest son has just left home, so we are going to decorate out what was his room, I will move all my stuff in there, then we can decorate my old craft room, and Beloved Husband is having that for working on pc's etc.
So last week we went to look so I could get desk ideas. I love the fact that you can pick a desktop size that suits you, then how to hold it up separately- legs, drawer or cupboard units, trestles etc.
I think I will be getting a couple of the drawer units to hold it up, then get another one to hold my big shot pro, 'bug, etc
I liked the idea of having the cube type ( It might be EXPEDIT) units to hold that up, as I could store my BS plates beneath it then.
I would say to GO to IKEA, not just browse what they have online, because if its anything like ours, they have stuff instore that is not in the catalogue, or online. Also you get to see the stuff set up, so it gives you more ideas. And you will come home with loads of 'must-haves now you've seen it stuff', lol.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!