View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #167
kazooMI
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by paigewithpanache View Post
That is really nice! I have battle over computer here at my house so I need something that has a large cartridge library so I don't have to use computer if it isn't handy.
While I haven't used the machine in this manner my Silhouette (bought before the cameo came out) has an SD card on it so you can save your project to the SD card and use the machine without it being hooked up to a computer. I'm pretty sure the Cameo does too, you might want to check the online documentation.

Some of the reasons I bought the machine was that there were no expensive cartridges to buy, I could use my fonts already on the computer (that was the excuse for buying to complete school projects), being able to buy individual files, and you can even create your own files with the software that comes with the machine. You can draw or bring in an image from something else. It can cleanly cut a very fine/delicate image which my friend who as a machine that needs cartridges says she can't do with her machine.

I was able to take a jpeg of my son's school emblem and create it to cut on the Silhouette. I used that as key part of the 1st page of his graduation scrapbook. It was a huge hit.

Best of luck deciding on the best machine for you!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!