View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #8
naturecoastcrafter
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Buffalo Chicken Meatballs

I made this recipe today with the following adaptations. I used ground chicken, Frank's wing sauce, and Ken's blue cheese dressing from the grocery store. I added about 1/4 c. mayo and 1/4 c. sour cream to the sauce to cut the heat a bit. Oh and by the way, if you line your baking pan with nonstick reynolds foil, there is no need to oil the pan.

They are scrumptious. I'm serious. You will never go out for wings again.

From the Souffle Bombay blog. If you're on Pinterest, you can find the recipe on my "Savor the Flavor" board: http://pinterest.com/jhcross/savor-the-flavor/

Buffalo Chicken Meatballs

1 pound boneless chicken breasts
1 small egg
3/4 cup bread crumbs (depending on the size egg you use you may need to add a bit more)
2 TBS wing sauce
1 TBS milk
Couple dashes of salt and pepper
2 TBS crumbled blue cheese (optional)

Pub Sauce
12 oz or 1 1/2 cups of your favorite wing sauce
3/4 cup (more or less to taste) blue cheese dressing

Place chicken in food processor and pulse until chopped up (6-8 pulses should do it). (I am sure ground chicken will do just fine, but I wanted a firmer texture so I grounded it myself). Place ground chicken in a large bowl, add in egg, breadcrumbs, wing sauce, milk, salt and pepper and Blue cheese if using. Mix it all up well with your hands (my kids LOVE to help with this part). Form into balls (not to big) and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.

In a large pot combine wing sauce and Blue cheese dressing, heat it through, stirring often. Once meatballs are out of the oven add them gently to the sauce and heat through for a bit. Serve alone or with a roll for a sandwich and enjoy!! Include a small bowl of crumbles blue cheese for folks to sprinkle on their sandwiches.
Note: Feel free to make your own wing sauce and or blue cheese dressing...depending on the time I have...I do or I don't. Also, if you are not a lover of blue cheese (like me) you can substitute ranch dressing for the blue cheese dressing in the pub sauce.

Last edited by naturecoastcrafter; 09-19-2012 at 08:47 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!