Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiskars Advant Edge?

I saw this product at JoAnn Fabrics yesterday. I'm a sucker for new gizmos, so thought I'd research this one before shelling out $60+ for it. It looks like it's mostly for applying borders to paper. Anybody have one? Thanks- Suz
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

I just checked the Fiskars site and didn't see anything about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Is this the same as the "Fiskers Fuse Creativity System"? I saw it at JoAnn's and just looked it up on-line. What I was wondering is will the dies and presses work in a Cuttlebug? I don't want to buy another machine that I won't use that much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

This is a border punch system and cannot be used in a die cut machine such as cuttlebug. It consists of a base which functions as the handle to punch the design, and a cartridge which houses the punch itself. The cartriges cannot be used without the base. It looks like an interesting system if you are into punches since it would provide compact storage. The starter set which includes the base and 1 cartridge is about $20, and each additional cartridge runs about $12. Scrapbook.com has a product video about it if you are interested.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks, everybody. I didn't find the video on scrapbook.com, but it is a neat website, even tho' I'm not a scrapbooker. The "Fiskars Fuse Creativity System" looks much like my beloved BigShot. Doncha hate when they add the word "system" onto the product? Immediately you know that there will be all kinds of attachments and accompaniments to buy for it. -Suz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Sorry, I was thinking of something totally different. I know what you are talking about now. I found this Fiskars - Interchangeable Border Punch - Cartridge - Feathered Friends
There are other companies making something similar. I think it is a good idea. Saves space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Last Chance 54View Post
Thanks, everybody. I didn't find the video on scrapbook.com, but it is a neat website, even tho' I'm not a scrapbooker. The "Fiskars Fuse Creativity System" looks much like my beloved BigShot. Doncha hate when they add the word "system" onto the product? Immediately you know that there will be all kinds of attachments and accompaniments to buy for it. -Suz
The video is on the product page if you are still intersted. Just search fiskars and choose one of the interchangeable border punch options. The video will be under the product description. I'm not a scrapbooker either, but I've purchased several supplies from them like my distressed inks and storage items.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Both American Crafts & Carla Craft have these types of system as well. I've been wanting the Carla Craft one to do spiral binding, but can't find one that I can get a good shipping price on. Here are links (the Carla Craft system is near the bottom of the pages)

American Crafts - Knock Outs - Border Punch System Value Kit

CarlaCraft
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

Default Fiskars Advant Edge Punch System

I just bought the new Fiakars Advant Edge Border Punch System at a Jo-Anns. . . please understand this is differant from the Fiskars Normal size Fiskars Interchangeable Border System.

Well . . .the retail for the the Basic starter set is $49.99, which includes the basic frame, adaptor and punch lever to hold the interchangable cartridges and )ONE cartridge. (opp's I did coupon it and got it for $25)

The system is very much like the other two or so on the market (Creative Memories, McGill). it is based on putting a punch cartridge into a punch lever casing and . . slipping a piece of card stock under a magnet bar. . than moving the cartridge casing along a runner with click spaces to tell you where to punch along the card stock.

A couple main differences . . . . . .
#01 the cartridges punch a super wide border, that NONE of the others have, and they are SUPER detailed and Great designs. This is worth the buy alone.
#02 It has an adaptor to use the Fishars normal regular size interchangeable cartridges. So the Framework works for TWO border systems.

Main Issue????
and this is a biggy... you can not just stick a strip of card stock into the punch, it is based off putting a wide piece of card stock under the magnet (to hold) to cut along the edge of that piece of card stock. You always have to have a piece of paper wider that what you are needing as a finished border. . much more salvage than the other brands. Also because it is such a wide, large and detailed punch you start right or left to punch, always away from what you punched. . going back and fourth the designs get cought up.

As a whole, Fiskars as always been known for basic design border punches nothing fancy . . .The wide designs on the system will drive this product, Fiskars has never been known for detailed elegant punch designs. . . that has now changed.. . . . A-Plus on this tools

The JoAnns that I went to is really LARGE and had both the New Avent starter set and about 8 or so cartridges, as well as the Regular Interchangeable punch system and 12 or so cartridges. the smaller JoAnn stores have nothing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

There's a new huge JoAnn's in Sioux Falls, SD. It's definitely fun wandering around in there and discovering things I didn't know existed! On Black Friday they had a 60 percent off sale on Fiskars products - at least on the Interchangeable Border Punch and cartridges. I bought the starter set which included one cartridge and 2 other cartridges. It's such a neat idea having only one punch and many cartridges. I was playing with it tonight, and I'm pretty impressed. It even easily cuts Stampin Up card stock, and the patterns are a little more delicate than some other punches. Plus some patterns you can run ribbon or a strip of card stock through. I sure like that it cuts down on storage too! Has anybody else tried these interchangeable punches? What do you think?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw this at JoAnn's while wandering. They were 60% off and there are MANY cartridges. Since I already own the CM system with many cartridges, I'm not about to switch. If I did not own the CM, I would have bought this system. At 60% off and a 25% off my total purchase, the pricing was fabulous. And the cartridges were really nice, better than CM IMHO.
I do love the CM cartridge system. I find it much easier to use than border punches. I always seem to get a bit off and need to patch or start over with punches.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

I know what you mean about border punches. Somehow I don't always match the cutout piece with the pattern on the punch itself, and the next cutout isn't perfect. I seemed to do a lot better with this Fiskars punch. Does that make sense?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

Odd. I have used the regular border punches and SU border punches for years. I tried the CM system, and I couldn't make it match up for the life of me! I had been loaned it, so I had lots of practice runs, and still couldn't make it work. I guess there's something for everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2014, 11:34 PM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristmasTagView Post
I just bought the new Fiakars Advant Edge Border Punch System at a Jo-Anns. . . please understand this is differant from the Fiskars Normal size Fiskars Interchangeable Border System.

Well . . .the retail for the the Basic starter set is $49.99, which includes the basic frame, adaptor and punch lever to hold the interchangable cartridges and )ONE cartridge. (opp's I did coupon it and got it for $25)...

...The JoAnns that I went to is really LARGE and had both the New Avent starter set and about 8 or so cartridges, as well as the Regular Interchangeable punch system and 12 or so cartridges. the smaller JoAnn stores have nothing.
I agree with every thing this poster said except the last part, I got my Fiskars AdvantEdge Border Punch System at a small neighborhood JoAnn as well as several punches. All on the super sale they had in December. I think I ended up paying around $12.00 for the punch system starter set with one cartridge. I bought 3 or 4 other cartridges at the same time so I got a great price on those as well.
Reply With Quote Likes