Thread: Moving Tips
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #9
simvan
Crimping Master

I've moved three times from March to June...now I'm in my DREAM home and will never move again....lol

A great tip is: challenge your friends...that's right. I was moving on March 25th so on March 1st I sent an email to six of my friends and challenged them to sort, organize, purge, toss, give away, etc. I sent tips and we all shared stories of what we were doing and how we were coming along with the task. We also shared stories of growing up and chatted about our parents and some of them grew up in war times, so they saved everything and if alive today, wouldn't part with anything.

I sent an introduction email to everyone, not all my friends of met each other, we all live within two hours of each other. I mentioned little tidbits about each friend...some were "save everything", some are don't need it, toss it out, some of husbands who are hoaders.

It was a lot of fun, great motivation for everyone, I was well organized with packing, did one room at a time, had all the same size boxes/totes, labelled and labelled, had an emergency box for the day of..also kept legal papers in for house closing, etc.

Less is more now for me, some of my friends want me to help them purge, etc. They all want me to organize a March Challenge every year...and that's great...but...I won't be moving.

Also....animal shelters take used towels and sheets/blankets that you no longer need.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!