Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Silver glittery paper

Hi there! I am trying to incorporate some glittery-ness :p into a project and all of my silver glittery paper looks gray to me. It's not silver even though it looks silvery next to the golden paper. Who makes nice silvery glittery paper that does not look quite so gray? It's funny because I used it on Halloween projects last year and it looked perfect but now that I am working on Christmas stuff it just is not the look I am going for. What do you all use?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the SU glitter paper and have had no problem. Also, if I just want a border of glitter I use the double face tape (red stuff) around the edge of the card and pour whatever color glitter I want on. That way don't waste glitter paper if I'm putting a layer on top of it. Also, for larger areas I've used self adhesive sheets to make my own glitter paper. This keeps me from buying tons of different colored glitter paper since I have many different colors of glitter on hand. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #3  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I second SU glitter paper. I LOVE it!!! So easy to use and for the most part, the glitter stays where the glitter should stay.....on the paper!!!! A big PLUS!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks! My only hesitation...and if I am wrong, please tell me...is that I have heard that the SU glitter paper will break the punches. I can't remember where I heard this but I have sort of been afraid to order it ever since.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftyMel2View Post
Thanks! My only hesitation...and if I am wrong, please tell me...is that I have heard that the SU glitter paper will break the punches. I can't remember where I heard this but I have sort of been afraid to order it ever since.
I've never heard that but would be interested to know. Haven't used my punches with the glitter paper. I have used die cuts though and do have to run them through my Big Shot several times to make sure everything is cut.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered 2 packs of the SU glitter paper and my first SU punches (brand new demo, can you tell?!) so I don't have experience to go on, but I have used other glitter papers even in my Cricut and while it's rough on the mats, haven't had a problem with them cutting most of the time. If it can work with the little Cricut blade, I would hope it can be punched ok!

I found some blogs that use the SU glitter paper (either silver or red) and SU punches as some inspiration for you. Doesn't say anything about being rough on the punches, but the effect is pretty!

Deb's Card Buffet: Christmas Ornament Cards Silver ornaments

Stampin' Up! Sweet Cherries - Stampin' Up! Demonstrator - Mary Fish, Stampin' Pretty Blog, Stampin' Up! Card Ideas & Tutorials red cherries from 1" circle punch

Debbie's Designs: Glimmer Poinsettia Punch Art! silver flower

Stampin' Up! Stocking Builder Punch Gets Glam-Azing - Stampin' Up! Demonstrator - Mary Fish, Stampin' Pretty Blog, Stampin' Up! Card Ideas & Tutorials silver stocking punch accents

Simple Snowflake Card | Lil Duckie Arts Bigz snowflake die (had to include this in my order yesterday!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 01:30 AM   #7  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't had any trouble with the SU! glitter paper (red or silver) and punches. Old style/new style. All worked well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 01:41 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

We used the silver glitter paper with the dotted scallop ribbon punch this weekend at my stamp-a-stack (so lots of punching) and there were no problems at all.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 03:33 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks everyone!! I found where I had seen the issue with the punches...it was back when SU had decided not to continue production of the Stocking Builder punch. There were some people who had issues with their punches jamming when using the glitter paper and thought that maybe that was why they stopped making them. I guess the part that stuck in my mind was "Jamming" and "Glitter Paper" but the rest just sort of faded away. Maybe I will grab some when I put in my next paper order. Thanks everyone who responded!!!

Oh, and on another note...Thanks Makalah for those links! Funny thing about Mary Fish...I am always using Google Image for ideas for cards and projects and I swear, everything I click on brings me back to her blog!! I just love everything she does I laughed when I clicked and there she was. If she only knew....

Last edited by CraftyMel2; 09-17-2012 at 03:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Hi there! I am trying to incorporate some glittery-ness :p into a project and all of my silver glittery paper looks gray to me. It's not silver even though it looks silvery next to the golden paper. Who makes nice silvery glittery paper that does not look quite so gray? It's funny because I used it on Halloween projects last year and it looked perfect but now that I am working on Christmas stuff it just is not the look I am going for. What do you all use?
Archivers sells glitter paper too and I love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

Well, I just called my demo to see if she had the glitter paper and told her about what I had heard. She tried it out with her owl punch and said that when she tried to punch the whole thing that it was hard to do but punching the circles and the heart, it worked fine. She also told me that SU has far more integrity than I am giving them credit for She said that if they thought for a minute that glitter paper would wreck the punches, they would have it as a warning on both the punches and the paper. Sort of like a "This paper is not recommended for use with punches" or something like that. I should have known better...I have never had one minute of trouble with any SU products and I have no reason to start doubting them now!! I really should not be so afraid to call her when I have questions...she is such a pro and would never steer me wrong Thanks to those who posted in this thread for helping me out!!

Last edited by CraftyMel2; 09-17-2012 at 02:10 PM.. Reason: I can't spell
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #12  

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Well, I just called my demo to see if she had the glitter paper and told her about what I had heard. She tried it out with her owl punch and said that when she tried to punch the whole thing that it was hard to do but punching the circles and the heart, it worked fine. She also told me that SU has far more integrity than I am giving them credit for She said that if they thought for a minute that glitter paper would wreck the punches, they would have it as a warning on both the punches and the paper. Sort of like a "This paper is not recommended for use with punches" or something like that. I should have known better...I have never had one minute of trouble with any SU products and I have no reason to start doubting them now!! I really should not be so afraid to call her when I have questions...she is such a pro and would never steer me wrong Thanks to those who posted in this thread for helping me out!!
Just a hint:
All of the 'builder' punches are tricky if you're punching out all the parts.
To make it easier, cut a strip of paper wide enough for what you want, then insert that so that you can punch only the piece you need. Usually with builder punches, you're punching the pieces from different colours anyhow!.

So glad that you love your demo!
Reply With Quote Likes