View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #101
3Fries
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendella247 View Post
Making photo choices is always hard, but especially in this digital camera age when we can take so many photos! Good luck narrowing them down, Terri!

The only trouble I find sometimes with resizing from 12x12 to 8x8 is the photos, text and elements get reduced down so much I find them hard to see or read. Ordinarily, when I do a 12x12 page, I always make sure everything is comfortable to view as 12x12, but reducing it down sometimes makes my text or such kind of squirrely and hard to see clearly. Keeping the photos a little larger to begin with will minimize that from being a problem when reducing, but I recommend keeping the text size and element size in mind, too! (Especially tiny things like brads.)

Nice to see you "here" again, Terri. You've been such a busy gal!
Nice to be "here"! I hope fall can be a little less busy!

I'm enjoying my 8x8 pages, the only thing I'm not sure I like is the tinier photos to make it so I can fit enough in. I may end up enlarging the photos just a bit on a few pages. I downloaded and print Page Map archives from Becky Fleck so I am working with some really fun sketches for the project. I'm also stretching or mirroring to make two page spreads. I'm using font sizes that I normally would use so that's not a problem. I might try seeing what happens to upsize the pages to 12x12 for our own album, but I like the idea of the 8x8 for gifts.

I will upload photos in a day or two once I'm closer to done. I have 13 of 20 pages done now! I think knowing I don't want more pages than 20 is helping me to focus on photo choices too.

I wish I didn't have to work tomorrow and could keep creating!

Paper Crafty Goals for 2013: 50/135 pages and 185/75 cards.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!