Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do download you tube videos

Wonder if it is the right place for that question....

Someone on this forum showed the way to do it. I did that for a few years. now, my computor just been repaired and I cannot download videos.

Please help me-YOU WILL SAVE MY LIFE!!!!
Thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Honestly, this might be better asked in the blogging section. I have only made three videos and I did them on my iphone, and the iphone uploads to youtube. SUPER easy. Other than that....I'm lost!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #3  
Glitter Queen

where do I find theblogging section? I am at a loss!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

You will need a Flash Video Downloader (there are several free ones to download). One would be YTD (YouTube Downloader) Video Downloader: http://www.youtubedownloadersite.com/; the Basic is free with no converter. That means you'll need another software to convert the .flv files into .avi files. Translation: you'll be able to view the .flv videos on your computer, but not on anyone else's (unless they have a converter installed, too). If you want to burn the videos to disk to share with others or view them on TV, you'll have to have the converter. A good one (also free) is Format Factory: Format Factory Home Page - Free media file format converter.

One caveat: even when you convert the .flv videos to .avi, there is no guarantee that they will work on everyone's DVD players, as there are so many different formats. They will work on your computer, though. (I don't know about MACS).

Now, it is even easier if you're using Firefox. There are a couple of addons that will do the job nicely, and with less hassle (for the downloading, only). One is: Flash Video Downloader YouTube Downloader 3.6.8 and the other is: FVD Suite Addon 14.0.3

I know this sounds intimidating, but really it isn't. And it really helps to have those videos available to use anytime.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2012, 05:25 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Youtube partners, (and maybe non-partners) have the option to turn off downloading. So you may not be able to download some videos. Another option is to either create a folder in your favorites and save the links there by renaming them something you will remember or, if you are on Pinterest, you can save them there. Here is an example of my Pinterest page with Videos of coloring techniques. Coloring Techniques
It's a really easy way to find what you need.

A third option is to get yourself a free blog through blogger and then you can embed your favorite videos there. You don't have to "Blog" per sei, just use the blog as a holding spot for all the videos you find all over the web. You can tag them with names such as "coloring techniques," "die cutting," "Backgrounds," etc... and then when you are looking for something, it will be easier to search.

Just a few ideas to make it easier than filling your hard drive with videos and possibly not being able to get all the ones you want.

Hugs,
Gina

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2012, 07:41 AM   #6  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

There is a blog forum on here...keep going down on the list....but you have gotten some GREAT answers here!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmarView Post
Wonder if it is the right place for that question....

Someone on this forum showed the way to do it. I did that for a few years. now, my computor just been repaired and I cannot download videos.

Please help me-YOU WILL SAVE MY LIFE!!!!
Thanks
On my PC I use the realplayer downloader which is free. No converting of files to other formats. When I open a youtube video and put the mouse on the upper right side of the frame the downloader pops up, I click it and the file starts to download to the directory you set up.

You can get the free file here Free Media Player Download | RealPlayer. I use it in Internet Explorer and in Chrome.

As another said, some videos can't be downloaded because that function has been blocked by the person who put the video up.

Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Likes