View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #167
StampinGoodDeeds
Swapper of the Month March 2012

Here is a recipe I used for my recent tea recipes swap. I found it online, and my daughter makes these regularly though I think she also adds a white chocolate candy coating to half.

Lavender Biscotti
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. dried lavender blossoms
2 large eggs
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 tsp. grated lemon zest
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a food processor, combine sugar and lavender blossoms. Process until lavender is finely chopped. Transfer sugar mixture to a large bowl and add eggs. Beat until thick (about 2 min.). Add butter, lemon zest, and vanilla and beat until combined. Slowly add flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined. Dough will be soft and sticky.
Shape half the dough into a 10” long log that is 3” wide, on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Repeat with the other half on another cookie sheet. Bake 20 min. or until golden crisp (center will still be soft). Remove from oven. Reduce heat to 300F. Cool logs 10 min.; slice with a serrated knife into ” slices. Place slices (cut side up) onto cookie sheets and bake another 15 min. or until crisp and brown. Remove cookies and let cool. Store in an airtight container and eat within two weeks.

I'm Stampin' Good Deeds, Are You?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!