View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #1925
Anemone
CBC Lady Violet

Quote:
Originally Posted by galet1 View Post
I found a really cute daisy pattern for a tawashi on Ravelry last Christmas...very easy! Used tulle for the center and acrylic for the petals...."unfortunately" they were so cute my mom refuses to use them!! Talk about defeating the purpose...

(Edit) sometimes I'm a little slow...just now realized there were more pages after the tawashi posts! LOL
I did a google search last night (and discovered that google does not know the difference between crochet and knit........) and have bookmarked a few. Actually made one last night which is pretty much just hdc after the beginning chain. It turned out HUGE though - about 9x9. If I made it again I think I would reduce the foundation chain by a few stitches. Intend to do a search on ravelry as well. Don't know why I didn't do that BEFORE I bought the book. I did bookmark one pattern on etsy ($2) which seems to use just small sections - kind of a log cabin quilt block effect and may get that at some point. I have a ton of cotton yarn left over from the puppets I made last year, so lots of yarn in lots of colours to choose from.