View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #1359
piglady56
Matboard Maniac

Hi, everyone!! I've been MIA again...but it's always good to "see" you! Nothing starts the morning out like Jeanette's "Morning Illinois Stamping Friends" post.

Life and work have been chaotic at best for me lately. So today I took a "mental health" day with my BFF as she had some training in Columbia, MO, for her job. I, on the other hand am "STUCK" at the hotel (heehee) with an indoor/outdoor pool and jacuzzi!! So I'm just taking a little R & R.

So here goes for me...we went out Aug 29th to see little miss Ansley...she's crawling, had one tooth (as of last week, two!) and is such a little joy! Little Miss Reagan came over for the Broomcorn Festival this past weekend and I was placed into Grandma duty (another terrible job!). We read, we sang, we baked...Reagan always has a smile on her face!

My daughter is just about 3 wks. from having her baby. She's a very independent woman--that's the way I raised her. But as she's become an adult, I feel like I've been pushed aside. And I know that she has a husband in her life now. When you've been used to talking on a daily basis and then it becomes every couple of weeks, well--it hurts. My calls are left to voicemail and she doesn't call back. Needless to say, it broke my heart.

I went up to the baby shower with my BFF...but I kind of just felt like the token Mom. I want to be there for her all the time--not just on special occasions. Her brother talked to her that weekend, and I think his message was pretty matter-of-fact.

She is calling more now. In the meantime, I went in to talk with a mental health counselor. I could feel myself spiraling...

I've been thinking about getting to work on my Christmas cards, but first I need to clean my house!! With the summer so hot (remember I have no AC!) there hasn't been much cleaning done. And I need to force myself to leave work by 5:30. By the time I leave at 6:30/7, I'm too tired to get anything done at home.

I want to change some things in my life...I just need to get going! Have a great week, everyone!

Order 24/7 for my site, http://www.longaberger.com/pattitus[/COLOR]
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!