View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 04:47 AM   #104
NancyK.
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaegea View Post
So interesting to see everyone's thoughts. Thank-you all for such active information. AND GOOD info. The experience on this site is awesome! I am only a little over 2.5 years into this!

Like "margedownunder"...I am card-maker too. Have not done scrapbooking. My kids are better at scanning our stuff and doing the on line albums...so I am in the process of sending them our closet full of "stuff" that is mostly junk from before digital cameras were the thing! (80% of what we have needs to be chucked!) ...and I also am a fan of the crank-it-through the little machine method. Mostly b-cause that gives me the personal custom look I want. Did buy a cricut personal cutter almost 2 years ago but don't use it that much. The intricate lacey designs stick to the mat and I find it frustrating to lift them off in one piece! Started with a CB and just added a Bigshot this summer. Just discovered spellbinders and have QUICKLY added a bunch to my tool box!. Love both CB and BS for what I do....Marge--- would love to see pictures of your embossing storage system. I also have a healthy collection of embossing plates and the and die cut and spellbinder collection is not far behind. Currently use several Darice "notebooks" for the embossing plates, but have yet to find a satisfactory way to handle the dies. My sister just got started in this craft and I think I got her hooked big time this weekend at a scrap and craft all day event. Esp the embossing...... It will be great to be able to "share" our stuff...!

And am patting myself on the back for dragging her into this ... think today I'll make her a card to welcome her to the addiction!
kg
kg - I struggled with how to store my expanding inventory of thin metal dies - here is my latest solution:

Seaside Creativity Blog Archive storage solution

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!