View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 03:59 AM   #102
pink-princess
Inking Addict

I have to say I am a huge stamp fan, love creating things hands on and doesn't get the digi world even though I respect what others do with it and how it works for them.

I was tempted with a cricut but couldn't justify the cost... I have a bigshot that I absoultely love and I have a number of dies and embossing folders... I always thought I was a manual cutter kinda girl...

BUT I saw what the cameo did and I was forever buying alphabets for scrapbooking I decided to take the plunge... yes the initial cost is pricey... but I paid for mine by selling stuff around the house and old unwanted craft stuff.

The idea of selling stuff to pay for something inspired me to get off my backside and sell the stuff I no longer wanted.

I've had my cameo for a good 8 months now and I have to say I haven't looked back... it's amazing what you can do with it and I'm still learning... I love the fact that you can take any shape you want and make it cut from 1 " to 12" at a fraction of the cost.

I love the fact that if I need to make a card and don't have anything to suit that person I can go buy something for .99c rather than maybe buy a stamp set that I really won't use again!

I think I would advise anyone thinking about it to watch a demo to see whether it is for you, I wouldn't be without mine now and I never would of thought I would say that about an electric cutter as I was quite anti them before.

I still use my bigshot and wouldn't part with that either and still love my inks and stamps and they all combine so well together.

Regards to SU cardstock I have to say I have never had an issue cutting their smooth cardstock, my blade is on 4, I set it to heavy cardstock and I never use double cut option... It's a shame to read some other people have had issues.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!