Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New to SCS and the forums

Hi, My name is Theresa. I'm from Alexandria, MN. I was introduced to this site about a year ago, but I'm getting more involved in my card making. I love this site and I hope to join some challenges. I'm trying to figure out how to do things. Can a person join any challenge?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Theresa and welcome from New Zealand! I don't know about the challenges but I am sure someone else can let you know. Have fun exploring the forum and do ask if you have any more questions.
Stephanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #3  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Hi Theresa and welcome to Splitcoast! You can absolutely join any challenge, and except for a few events, there are no time limits ever.

If you just click on our home page - Splitcoaststampers: Stamping, Stamps, Card Making Ideas, Paper Crafts & Template Gallery, you will see a list of our daily challenges on the site. You can also see them by visiting our challenge forum: Splitcoast Challenges Forums: Daily Challenges Throughout the Week

We also have a very special event starting October 1 - it's called Hope You Can Cling To and it's a month long card drive for the breast cancer patients at MD Anderson. There's a new challenge every day throughout the month. It's a blast - I hope you join us. The link for that is here: Hope You Can Cling To Challenge Forum - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you for the good information. I will join a few challenges and the Breast Cancer challenge already has me thinking. Which brings me to another question, do I upload my pictures to a gallery for the challenge or do I start my own gallery?

thanks again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Received 122 Likes on 108 Posts

Hi Teresa, and welcome to SCS!

In Understandblue's signature, there's the phrase "Learn how to upload your art". Click on the blue words "upload your art" and you'll be taken to a YouTube video that explains how to upload your photos here.

You'll see that there are bunches of different gallery categories to which you can upload. Many of them are for Stampin' Up stamp sets, but there are also a lot for different techniques and for "anything but a card" projects. You should upload your creation to the category that you feel is most appropriate; however, if you can't find one that seems to fit, you can leave the photo in the "member galleries" designation. Everything you upload will be stored in your own member gallery, even if you upload it to a stamp set category or technique or whatever.

The daily challenges are all keyword driven. Say you make a card for the current Clean and Simple Challenge and want to share it here. When you upload it, in the "keyword" box, you'll want to include the keyword for that challenge -which, this week, is CAS187.

The Hope You Can Cling To challenges will have their own gallery category. That will be set up when the challenges start in October.

I hope this helps explain things. I highly suggest you watch the video in Lydia's (Understandblue's) signature. Feel welcome to ask any additional questions you might have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Yeah! I figured out how to upload my profile pic and avatar. The only thing is both times I uploaded the photos, it said the upload failed, but then the pics are there when I go back to look??? I would think that if I get that message, my photos would not display.
Reply With Quote Likes