Great idea, Lydia! Here's the Quinoa recipe I posted the other day -- it's very yummy.
Southwestern Black Bean, Quinoa and Mango Medley
Servings: 6 Serving Size: 1 cup • • Points+: 4 pts
• 15-ounce can black beans, no salt added, rinsed and drained
• 1 cup cooked quinoa (according to package directions)
• 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
• 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
• 1 cup chopped fresh mango
• 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 small jalapeņo pepper, seeded and finely diced
• juice from 1 medium lemon or lime
• 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin
• 1/2 tsp chili powder
• 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
Mix together the beans, quinoa, corn, bell pepper, mango, onion, cilantro, and jalapeņo in a mixing bowl.
Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and turmeric in a small bowl.
Drizzle over the mixture and toss. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
big time supply collector
part time scrapbooker & stamper