View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #101
canada goose
Insane Embellisher

Default the future of die cuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margscardcrazy View Post
This is an interesting discussion, I have always thought about getting an electronic cutting machine and infact when the Cricket first came out I really lusted after it but time and money stopped me from buying any. Now many years later I have gone off the whole idea and really don't think I would use one that much. I'm stricktly a cards only crafter, I have about 200 embossing folders of all kinds and varieties and about 50 dies including the obligatory nesties. I have them stored in big square cases for CD's, they are all catalogued and easy to get to. I have a Cuttle Bug and a Big Shot but will have to admit I haven't used the Cuttle Bug for a long time. Big Shot is the shot for me. The dies I have are Spellbinders, Cherry Lyn and Memory Box. I have never lost a single die to tearing although some of the Cherry Lyn designes do take a little patients getting them off the die but it's worth it.
Cheers
In case you may have missed this on another post of cheery lynn die cuts, I will give you the following, tip that was given to me by the owner of the company. When you run your die through the bug or whatever, give it a quarter turn and run through again. If you still have some "little spot" that is not cutting through use a little shim of paper but only on that little spot. He claims many people over shim, by putting a shim over the whole piece instead of only the spot that is giving you trouble. Works like a charm in my old cb every time. Hope this helps.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!