Gail - that eggplant dish looks amazing. The photography on that site is outstanding-- makes me hungry just to look at the photos!
I made this a couple of weeks ago. It was my family's first experience with quinoa. My daughter's best friend says she likes it but she can't look at it while she's eating it LOL! She says it looks like germinating seeds. I believe she's right
Aside from its looks, it's pretty tasty.
Southwestern Black Bean, Quinoa and Mango Medley
Servings: 6 Serving Size: 1 cup • • Points+: 4 pts
• 15-ounce can black beans, no salt added, rinsed and drained
• 1 cup cooked quinoa (according to package directions)
• 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
• 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
• 1 cup chopped fresh mango
• 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 small jalapeņo pepper, seeded and finely diced
• juice from 1 medium lemon or lime
• 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin
• 1/2 tsp chili powder
• 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
Mix together the beans, quinoa, corn, bell pepper, mango, onion, cilantro, and jalapeņo in a mixing bowl.
Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and turmeric in a small bowl.
Drizzle over the mixture and toss. Refrigerate until ready to serve.