View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #25
buggainok
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzgurl View Post
I'm another one who's going to recommend trying out the Spectrum Noir markers. I just bought the "Pale Hues" 6-pack yesterday because I don't currently own any alcohol markers that pale (I have Prismacolor markers and Bic MarkIt markers) and wanted to try them out. I used a 40% off coupon and got them for $9.00 - that's only $1.50 apiece! In my experience, all of the alcohol-based markers play well together, so you can mix and match and get what you want/can afford.

I tried out the markers this morning, and I'll be going back for more. One thing that I was really impressed with about these markers is that the 6-packs are designed to give you all of the shading options within a color range - cool grays, reds, greens, etc. I look at the available options for Copics and I'm overwhelmed - so many choices - I need someone to pluck out a few that will work together, and that's what this manufacturer did...
Okay, Sue, just want you to know how persuasive you are....I just ordered 3 6-pack sets of the Spectrum Noir markers. I couldn't bear to wait and find a coupon, but I got a pretty good deal on ebay. I got a pink set, purple set, and the set of Pales. Can't wait to get them.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!