View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #4297
tat2girl
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by am2106 View Post
I had asked this on the last thread but only had one response so I'm trying again on the new thread

I need ideas on how to attach velcro to the mini portfolios made from file folders (or of another way to keep them closed). The velcro pieces end up detaching when the folder is opened, and I'm not sure which adhesive would be best to make sure they stay down.

The velcro is self-adhesive, but I've also tried Scor Tape (that completely covers the velcro) and hot glue. Both end up not sticking after awhile. Maybe I need to do something like magnetic closures, but I'm afraid that I'll have the same problem with them not staying attached.

Would really appreciate any help because these are really cute, and I have about 15 made but can't sell them if they keep coming undone. Thanks!!

(Also...did you know that you can subscribe to the thread by clicking on "Thread Tools" at the top? That way you don't have to post to subscribe
Tombow makes "Fastner Tabs" (hook & loop tabs) that are ultra thin and super strong. I've used them on the portfolios as well as the little purses (that Frenchie made) and they have never come off. The best part is that they really are ULTRA thin so there is no added bulk, which in my opinion is why they stick so well. Check you LSS, if they don't have them, they should be able to order them for you.

Sharon
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!