View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #15
cat_woman
Die Cut Diva

I've been using copics for a couple years in conjunction with other alcohol ink markers, like Bic Mark Its, Sharpies, and Prismacolor. I love them for creating the even blending and shading they can produce unlike water based ink markers (SU, Tombow, etc). Since they are alcohol ink, you can use them on way more materials than you can with water based inks. I've used them on glass, plastic, stone. You can even use them to colour directly onto your stamps. You just need to use the blending solution or rubbing alcohol to remove the ink from the stamp (just wash with warm soapy water after to get rid of any residue and I then use a stamp cleaner to "condition" the stamp from the drying effects of the alcohol component). Another thing you can do with Copics is air brushing. I haven't ventured into this area, but I've seen some amazing work done with these markers. The most reasonably priced are from Oozak (even with shipping to Canada). They have pretty much all the colours and they are great to deal with. They're the only place I've bought my copics from and have never had a problem. I highly recommend them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!