WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELING TEAPARTY
AND CHALLENGE #216
Color unrelenting? Let's do some repenting!
Note: Anyone is welcome to play! You automatically become a Teapotter the first time you play in our challenge. Also, you do not have to write a story. You just have to be inspired by the teapot or by the story about this week's location! Have fun! If this is your first Teapot Tuesday Challenge, please mention that in your commentary so we can be sure to greet you properly, in pure Teapot Tuesday fashion! Your participation in Destination Station is 100% voluntary and not at all required. Just have fun!
1. Cheers!! Sweet Sara McSmiley is getting married. Sara and her love Dave have a beautiful affair planned with a huge bridal party and an elegant reception. Sara has classic tastes and has chose to have a clean palette of cream and gold for her theme. Their happily ever after is to start in a soft and polished style.
2. Sara's cousin Milcah McMansion is an ostentatious sort. For all of the elegance that Sara exudes, Milcah just oozes with crass and clash. Milcah had a huge home built in a Tudor Greek Revival rustic contemporary style to show off her taste. Each room is decorated in a different color - fuchsia, burnt orange, lime green and electric indigo, with furniture and upholstery to match. She even took a cue from Mackenzie McGraff and painted each room with tonal horizontal stripes. Yikes!
3. Milcah has decided that she needs to spice up Sara's neutral palette a bit. How could anyone go through life without bold hues to announce that you have arrived? Micah surreptitiously changed the order for Sara's bridesmaid dresses to a rainbow of shocking neon hues. This will be a wedding to remember in a way that Sara could never imagine! More is less? Who could possibly guess? Elegant and so classy? No way, just be sassy!
4. Sara's lovely mum, Catie has discovered the plot - and happy she's not. For you see, Sara is an apple that didn't fall far from the tree! Catie is an elegant and inspirational woman, using a clean look and wonderful detail to make everything she touches simply special. She knows of the Teapotter reputation (We have a reputation???) of fixing life's vexing problems. She's hoping that from near and from far that we'll raise a high bar. Dresses like paint chips? Don't make me hate this! Color unrelenting? Let's do some repenting!
5. Some inspiration - Sara and Dave's first dance will be to this incredibly romantic song:
We're going to crash another wedding!! Make wedding cards in classic neutral tones, cream and gold if you can. You will need to enter through the side door (I will not be personally responsible for Curt crashing though the "back door" in the middle of the I do's!) if your card has wild colors or tonal stripes.
EPEC ~ (Extra Points for Extra Cookies!) ~
Make a fancy wedding cake...they will need plenty with 42,000 Teapotters crashing the reception! For extra extra points add elegant details like pearls or lace for those lovely bridesmaids.
This week our destination is Melrose Park, Illinois. Sara is the daughter of fellow Teapotter/SCSer/Dirty Dozen Alum/Card Maker Extraordinaire, Cathleen (CTorina). See Cathleen's jaw-dropping gallery here.
Sara is getting married on the 22nd. Like her mother, she has elegant tastes, and her wedding this weekend will feature cream and gold. Let's shower her with cards as only Teapotters can!!
For more information as well as the address to send your card please visit Post #315
in the Destination Station thread.
Here is my card
for Sarah & Dave.
Here is my musical partner JustMe427's gorgeous card
Here is the MMTPT216 Gallery
Be sure to you use KEYWORD MMTPT216 in your upload and post a comment here so we can all see your card!
Ever want to get a jump on next week's challenge card? SCS has given Cindy (Mothermark) permission to create an email Teapot Tuesday Cheater Group and email the challenge out on the Saturday before the Tuesday of the challenge so you girls can have the weekend to make your card. Send her a pm with your email address if you wanna be a Cheater!
If you are confused about these challenges, see the first sticky post of this thread for more information. There is also a directory of individual challenges. Feel free to grab this I survived Teapot Tuesday Badge for your blog!