View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #314
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Heart MMTPT215 ~ DESTINATION STATION!

MMTPT215 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week our destination is a Philadelphia, PA. If you would like a destination for your card this week, how about sending it to Eula! Eula is celebrating her 110th birthday on September 14th. This is the third birthday we have helped Eula to celebrate. She was originally brought to our attention in 2010 at age 108 by Lorraine (Pidgesmom). Lorraine has a friend (Jackie) who met Eula and became very good friends! Eula is an amazing women, she's colorful and fun! Let's make Eula's 110th birthday a beautiful thing by sending her our wonderful cards!

If you have come to Eula's birthday teaparty the past two years, you will know that Eula is a major people person! She loves, loves, loves to share the happenings of her life and she loves, loves, loves to hear about the happenings of the lives of others. She always sends us a little note of thanks and she enjoys each and every card, savoring what is written inside, enjoying the hand crafted master pieces! She loves the adventure of life and has been known to say, after telling a story........."What An Adventure!"

Here is her thank you after her 108th birthday teaparty.
Here is her thank you after her 109th birthday teaparty.

Once again, if you plan to send your card to Eula, there is a little homework assignment. If you can, take the time to enclose a little letter addressed to her sharing your very favorite birthday. Nothing elaborate, maybe you can just explain why you designed her birthday card they way you did, what story you were telling about your own favorite birthday, what you liked about it. She would love to read lots of letters from her stamping friends from EVERYWHERE around the word! As Eula would say.....

What an Adventure!

You get extra extra cookies if you write *What An Adventure* at the bottom of your letter to Eula! Easy Peasy!

We are celebrating 110 years of Eula by sending her our favorite birthday memories. Attached here is a picture of Eula with her cards on her 108 birthday.

Here is Eula's address:

Mrs. Eula Cousins
Cathedral Village
600 E. Cathedral Road
Philadelphia, PA 19128

Thank you everyone!! Thank you Lorraine and Jackie!

An Update!

I just received this update from Lorraine! Something very special is happening this year in Philadelphia to honor Eula's 110 birthday! Here is an email to Lorraine about the birthday plans...

Hi Lorraine!

Just spoke to Mrs Cousins and Mr Polk who is chair of the party committee. Thought I would write as I have a little but more information about what is planned. It seems they are pulling out all the stops for this party. There will be over 500 people attending and a program to celebrate her life. The press will be there and the mayor is speaking. They also are trying to get Michelle Obama to call in with greetings. I already have the birthday greetings from the Obamas to present to her. This should be some big party!!

I intend to go there the day before the party and place the cards that she receives on boards for display at this special party. She is so proud of all of them and it has become such an important part of her celebration each year. Please thank all of the stampers for me for taking the time to celebrate her extraordinary life. She just told me about a woman that she had dinner with on a regular basis that passed last week and she was very emotional about her passing. Can you imagine how many people she has seen go? Again, I think whatever the stampers want to do will be fine. The theme for this party is - An Extraordinary Life - Well Lived.

Thanks again!!
Attached Thumbnails
eula-cards-108.jpg  

Last edited by Mothermark; 09-10-2012 at 03:54 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!