View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #6
SophieLaFontaine
Glitter Guru

Copics and Stampin' Up! markers are just different. It's just what one prefers. The SU! markers are water-based. Copics are alcohol based. With Copics you can colour over the same spot and the paper won't start to be destroyed. With SU! markers you can ink up rubber stamps...

$8 per marker is outrageous. Oozak.com has them for $4.99 per Copic Sketch marker (if you log in), and free shipping over $50.

Edited to add:
Oh, to answer your question about what I can do with them that I can't with SU! markers is, I can uh, colour in the same spot over and over... Kind of a bad habit, but... well, when using water-based markers, I do have to be aware of not flooding the paper with too much ink (water) and warping it or destroying it. I only have a limited number of swipes. With Copics, I feel more relaxed, like I can swipe without limit.
Thank you all so much for all the cards for SCS member Ladybug91743 Marie-alice. She is done with chemo and surgery. She is done with radiation treatments too, and is now just focused on recovering. She loves the cards!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!