View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #38
smokiesgal
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by paigewithpanache View Post
So to announce...
I will soon be a proud (hopefully) owner of a Cricut Create! I decided to go that route and try it out first before I really invested in one. I bought a used one on ebay and seller had 100% feedback...so hopefully it will be a really good learning experience and not a headache. :/
Everyone has been EXTREMELY helpful and will now have all this great information for future purchase. But now I have another question, scal or any program like that work for the Cricut Create? Any friendly tips my SCS friends?? Or cartridges for sale?? lol
Thanks!!
Congrats on your purchase! I think you will love your Cricut machine. However, Cricut products cannot be used with SCAL as it is a propriety issue with Provo Craft. You can however, go to Cricut.com and set up a free account with Cricut Craft Room. You can purchase digital carts from Cricut.com in the Shopping section if that is the route you want to take. Or, purchase some cartridges that appeal to you. Joann's and Michael's have cartridges on sale right now if you are going to do that. Keep in mind you can use either digital or independent cartridges as long as they Provo Craft for the Cricut machine. I would suggest joining the Cricut community where you can get ideas and suggestions. That is also a free site unless you want to become a Circle member. Let me know what you decide and if you have any questions you can pm me too.

I am a life artist and love it!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!