View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #87
paigewithpanache
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post
I agree!! I had a box under my bed full of punches. When Spellbinders came out with the longer edge dies in the Shapeablities Accent sets I started ditching punches and have not bought a new punch in more than a year. I make 5" x 7" cards and the short edge dies didn't work. I also thought the punch around the page sets would be so great to make any size I needed. Well, they will only cut a limited number of prescribed sizes

Dies will never become blunt, but in time the punch blades will become dull and stop cutting properly. Plus I have never found a die that will not cut Gina K's heavy card stock, but I have had numerous punches that will not cut it.
I kept a few of my basic shape SU punches, but little by little the decorative edge punches are being replaced with dies. .
I do not have any Spellbinders that will do an edge YET. But I hope to remedy that soon. EK does have several punches that works great for a 5x7 card, I make them a lot. I also use an edged for square s of different sizes. I think it is easy to do. Punches are great, Spellbinders are great, ...they work well together. I try to use everything I have and enjoy them all.