View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #37
lindac007
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to lindac007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilling_Queen View Post
Wow, inchies are harder than I thought!!! 1 inch is tiny to work with. Any suggestions for a newbie on what the best way to make then thick is?

LOLOLOLOL That was my very comment back in April!!!!!!!!!!!! I just glued 2 pieces together for thickness. so I cut twice the number needed but put 2 pieces cardstock back to back. I also did some recently but the back was cardboard from a cereal box! worked very well any little cardboard box can supply many inchie squares. ***use tweezers!!!! I found that to be the best kept secret. my fingers are fat I couldn't see what I was doing!

Keep the first ones simple, and grow from there. I know the SCS gallery is so full of beautiful inchies but thats because it's been around a while and there are some extremly talented people out there and 1 inch of paper to them is like having a huge canvas in front of them. Not easy at first and it s a challenge BUT so worth it as they tend to grow on you. getting back my first ones was a eye opener, that's when light bulb went on for me! so hang in and take time and you'll get it and be glad you did.

use simple stamp or background paper and simple embellishment maybe some stickles or a jewel or tiny tad of glitter. Smooch and gel pens work great especially for a simple stamped item. anyone else have some advice for her?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!