View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 04:11 AM   #45
javagirl984
Die Cut Diva

I have the Cameo and a Big Kick. I bought the Cameo because in the long run I will save a lot of money not buying all the dies out there. Plus, they never seem to be the right size. Now I can cut the same shapes to whatever size I want. And there are so many neat card templates and boxes, etc. I still use my Big Kick for embossing. But I use my Cameo for all cutting.

I am not sure I understand the argument about using your hands for crafting as a reason not to use the cameo. I don't know what magic you think is used, but I certainly use my hands to operate my cameo. LOL! I don't really see it as any different than using a manual machine as far as "hands on" goes. But I do understand that the digital cutting machines are not for everyone. I am also an IT geek, so using a computer as part of paper-crafting is just natural for me. I would not enjoy the hobby if I could not use my computer. And I believe that is the whole point, having fun with what you enjoy.

To the original poster; I think if you are on the fence and are seriously considering the cameo or any other digital cutter, there are pros and cons. While you save money by not buying expensive dies and having access to larger dies, up to 12 x 24 inches is a pro, you do have to purchase replacement blades and mats. So factor that cost in as well. And I know for me, I can't go to my local store to get refills. I have to order them online and usually pay shipping. But on the other hand, if you like the fancy lace doily type dies, they can be very expensive and you are stuck with usually just the one size. You can also make cut files for your stamps if you have a scanner and some type of software to manipulate the image. And also as a pro, the company has excellent customer service. I actually had a lemon machine and had a great experience with their customer service in getting a replacement.

Join us for VSN Friday & Saturday, June 6 & 7
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!