View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 03:47 AM   #27
paigewithpanache
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
Thank you for the sweet words. Brought a huge smile to my face. BSB fans have to stick together you know.

If you want a heavy duty machine that is not high cost the Sizzix Eclips seems to be running for $299 with Ecal on some sites. I know the CraftEdge forum members probably have updated lists where to buy. That is about $50-75 more than the Cameo. You are getting double pressure the machine. Sizzix consumables are affordable. Since it's a Roland machine you can buy blades on Ebay for around 3/$5.00. Cartridges are affordable around $25. If you get Ecal bundled with the machine you can cut out designs you find on the net. I know some craft stores are carrying the Eclips. I live in a good size city and have yet to see the Eclips though.

Cricut- I love my Cricut. I love my little Create. I do have an Imagine that I like. I started with Cricut when it first came out. Not to bring up all the Cricut drama that a lot of people are still heated about. In the last few years Cricut has been plagued with problems. It seems like they fix one and screw up ten. I don't trust the company that makes the machine.

The big thing with Cricut is that you can't use third party software to cut with any more. Unless you have the software before the lawsuits. Even then you have to worry that an update will make you lose that function. That is the one thing about PC nowadays they have a love for updating. You buy a cart, you have to update. You look at the machine, you have to update. It's beyond nutty. .

Cricut is nice because you can use it standalone and not be tied to your computer. But, PC seems to be moving over to digital. You can buy supplies at the store but I buy my blades off of Ebay because I get higher quality and quantity for a cheaper price. I do love the designs on the cartridges but PC can do an update and mess up your designs on a cartridge especially for us Imagine users.

I do think the company is improving with their new CEO but it also seems like their bumbling too. They have some creepy business practices like taking screenshots of Cricut posts on other forums. I found out I am one of those they screenshot. Waving hi to the screenshot people. I found out because one of their support members told me so and then said she was going to post them. Maybe I am overreacting. I have been a victim of a stalking crime but I think that is super creepy. To be honest it's kind of hard for me to review the Cricut right now because one part of me as an artist feels like that's an important tool in my arsenal that's a good little machine The other part makes me feel like my tool is stalking me.
Thumbs up! Yes we do!
I just looked up Sizzix eClips website and watched a little short video...Wow !! I may have found it!!! They have new update for machine and now you can incorporate a pen or glue pen for applying glitter. I want to play with it!! lol I need to looks for some deals! *You know how kids can't sleep because they know they are going to Disney?? Yeah well this big kid will be that way anticipating my new machine!! haha *
And what you said in your comment above, that is creepy! I wouldn't think they could do that anyway without your permission.
Thanks again
Paige