View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #33
basketballmom
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzgurl View Post
I have no choice but to start small, as I don't know that many people to even invite I'm perfectly comfortable in front of large groups (I've been teaching and public speaking for much of my life), so no worries there...

I'm already hitting a glitch, though, so if any of you current demos would like to chime in, here's my trouble: I'm so used to using things from ALL OVER the stamping world, that many of the projects that I have had come to mind would be difficult to execute with only SU! products. I can overcome that easily enough with some thought and re-gearing, but it brought to mind a bigger issue. I currently already own many tools (Big Shot, ScorBoard, Cuttlebug, guillotine cutter, etc.) that I will not be replacing any time soon. I know I could sell these and buy the Su! versions, but it seems ridiculous to me. It seems equally ridiculous (unethical, even) to sell things of this nature at full price when I know that they could be purchased at a local store with a coupon for at least 40% below what I would be selling it for, not to mention the shipping cost, and many of my potential customers need that savings. How do I reconcile this? I'd like to show how SU! products "play well with others", but I know that the company policies pretty much require you to ONLY use SU! products in workshops and such. I'm not sure how well I can abide by that policy. Thoughts?
You'll find ideas for some of this on the Demo Forum to help you.

However the big thing you're going to have to resolve is the issue of things sold by SU! that are also in a Big Box store. You can use your 'old' Big Shot ... but you can't tell your customers to go buy it there.

Many demos have found ways to make it work for them so they can feel comfortable with what they sell.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!