View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 12:27 AM   #23
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by paigewithpanache View Post
I looked into information you gave me . If there is a problem with edge then people use a piece of paper/card stock and reuse it later if they need to. You can adjust tension so that it doesn't cut through to that paper on bottom. I don't know, kind of frustrating because a LSS is 2 hours away for me so I lack the ability for good assistance in hands on trying out anything. :/ I have to get most supplies by MO and so far haven't had to deal with having to return anything and have had good success. That's why I'm so thankful for the good information I get here because that is the only way I get it.
Paige
That sounds like the machine does need some kind of mat to give it stability. I wouldn't like that at all, personally for me. It would drive me batty.

I do understand about ordering things online and needing to send it back. My Cricut I can return it to the store. I bought my first Wishblade at HSN so I knew I had a good return policy. I got my Cameo at Overstock so I felt good about a return policy. I already had my feet wet with the Wishblade (both machines made by same company) so I knew what I was getting into with the Cameo. The Gazelle I was very hesitant about buying because of return. Then I found out BK is in the Ozarks and just an hour away from me.

I will admit when the Cameo first came in if I could return it to a Brick & Mortar store I would have. I opened the box, saw the machine, was impressed, opened the lid, saw the blade holder, took the blade holder out and I was really mad. I am a green girl and it really made me mad that I could not replace the blade but I have to replace the whole blade holder. I try not to include that in my reviews because I did one time and got called a petty hippie on another forum. I preferred the blade holder in my Silhouette SD & Wishblade. I can replace the blade and not have to replace the blade holder. I also don't like how flimsy the machine is. One good fall bye bye Cameo. In my home falls happen.

Since I ordered the Cameo at Overstock I felt bad returning it for no reason since everything else was wonderful. Do I love the Cameo? I do very much. I love Graphtec machines. I said earlier in the post you can't beat a Cameo or other Graphtec machine for miniature cutting. Graphtec machines are hands down best for detailed cutting. Cameo is just it for detailed cutting in the crafting market. I do really hate the blade holder and how flimsy the machine is. I miss being able to cut in Inkscape. I don't like being limited to Silhouette Design Studio, MTC or SCAL for my cutting needs. I am a power cutter and I do get nit picky.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!