View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #38
Scrapninny
Matboard Maniac

I have an Epic Six, a Gazelle and an Accucut GrandeMark. I first had the Epic Six but I was frustrated by the cost of fonts and not being able to alter the size and it was hard to crank out multiples.

So, I bought the Gazelle. Great little machine, but stinkin' LOUD. I cringe when I have to hear it cutting. However, I LOVE cutting all the fonts for my titles and being able to resize images. I also designed a few of my own die cuts, which is rewarding but only when I have the time. I have been frustrated by it ruining some cuts from time to time and dealing with the sticky mat of any machine is unpleasant. Overall, I do not regret the purchase.

I have never updated its software, even though it can now convert PDFs and make rhinestone paths and embossing and print'n'cut. It's original functions are good enough for me and I won't updated unless it stops working!

But I love manual die cuts. Those are what got me in to scrapbooking and cardmaking in the first place. I love the crank action and the finished edge can't be beat! I wanted to cut chipboard and I didn't want to get a dedicated blade for my Gazelle for it (which is what is recommended.) They say the blade would dull quickly too. Plus, I can cut heavier chipboard manually than with any electronic cutter. So, I bought the GrandeMark. Super easy to crank. Embossing is way better with manual. Picking the intricate bits out of the dies, however, can take just as much time as cleaning the sticky mat though.

I will use both forever for different purposes. My electronic is great for multiple cuts, fonts, and self designed shapes. My manual is great for chipboard, embossing and shapes. If I only want one of a shape, it's faster for me to roll it though the machine than to boot up my computer, position the cut file, load the mat and listen to my machine's groaning.

Die Cuts Forever!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!