View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
artisticsole
Swapper of the Month - April 2013

Send a message via MSN to artisticsole
Thumbs up Complete and Delete: Altered Composition Books

**Altered Composition Books**

After taking a much needed respite I'm back and ready to get in the swapping groove!!

I LOVE composition books! They're inexpesive and altering them is fast, easy, and sooo much fun! They make GREAT GIFTS or you can use them all for yourself to keep those important things that you don't want to lose! My inspiration....from "smash" book by K&Co that have taken the idea of journals to a whole new level!!

The Deets: For this swap, You will first decide on a size. Either the regular size 8x10 composition books you can still find for back to school, or the smaller 2x3 books found by the address books in most office supply stores. THEN, YOU WILL PICK A THEME, be it vintage, bohemian, pretty, shabby chic, modern, techno, travel, gardening, cooking, you decide... then you will, of course post you want to join and let me know your theme, then you will buy 4 composition books in the size you want and alter the front, back and inside covers using papers and embellishments in your theme. Of course, use any and everything from your stash. You will also alter 4 (or more if you want) pages inside that go along with your theme. This could be by adding a few pockets, painting the first page and adding a quote, stamping a page, adding a favorite clipping from a magazine based on your theme, adding tabs or making dividers out of pages, adding stickers ect. Try to make all 4 books as close to the same as you can, but you are not required to have them exactly the same! Feel free to stamp, paint, modge podge, glitter, distress, emboss, ect....the sky's the limit. There are NO NVR's. Just do your best work and be creative!!

Newbies are welcome to participate!! Feel free to ask questions!!

Quantity: 3+1 (+1 is for the hostess)
You are welcome to take more than one spot, but each spot should have a different journal theme. AND you can take dibs (a.k.a request) on any themes you'd like!! Just pm me or post on the thread!!

Vendor products: NO NVR

Deadline: Friday, November 16th, (this is the day it is due in my hands, I will swap out that weekend and return them monday November 19th...no exceptions!!!)

Mailing instructions:

Place your books in a large ziploc baggie with your real name on the outside. Please include a little post it or a business card in each booksso everyone will know who to give credit to for the creation!!

Send as much postage as it takes to mail plus a few extra stamps since the package coming back may be heavier than you send!! DO NOT SEND METERED POSTAGE they expire the same day they are printed. For Priority, include a self-addressed priority label and one priority stamp. I will provide priority envelope/box for return.

Mail to:
Artisticsole
932 W Hackamore CT
Nampa, ID 83686

EVERYONE GETS A PRIZE FOR JOINING!!

Here are a few ideas to spark your creativity!! and there are many more in the splitcoast gallery, simply type in altered composition journal

Altered Compostion Book
Painted Journal
How to Cover a Composition Book
Vintage Altered Comp Book
How to Alter a Comp Book

Last edited by artisticsole; 12-10-2012 at 02:54 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!