View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #36
Carol W
Rubber Obsessor

I have little to add to this, since so many others have expressed the various considerations so well. I would simply say that having recently got a Cameo, and already being a lover of manual dies, I am thrilled to have both. Some reasons:
- I often make multiples (e.g., thank you cards for the whole cast/crew of a play - can be dozens) and would never have considered using a "fussy cut" type image or a word die-cut, etc.. Using the Cameo's trace feature and print-and-cut feature, I made 5 perfectly trimmed fussy images in 60 seconds last night.
- I know for sure it will curtail my die shopping, as I've already passed over numerous border dies that I can do myself. I had also been eyeing umpteen different dies of words (e.g., "thanks" "hello" "baby" "welcome" etc.) and now I can cut any word I want in one piece in my choice of font -- including people's names -- and at any size I choose. I may be selling some of my alphabet dies, in fact.
- For individual cards, which I also love to make, I adore manual dies and cutting. The embossing with a folder or the edge of a Nestabilities is something I will NEVER give up.

So to me, it's a bit like "do I want a barbecue grill or an oven?" Yes, and yes!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!