View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #19
paigewithpanache
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
I am familiar with eCraft. It has mixed reviews. It does have a cult following. My personal opinion of the machine I do like the colors. I am one of those girls who like pretty things so the pretty colors are a plus. It is the machine that can cut an almost perfect circle. None of the machines can cut a 360 degree circle. It's just not mathematically possible. This is what I have learned in my years of die cutting. Ecraft and Cameo come the closest. My two plusses, as you can see, are not heart stopping buy it now plusses. Never buy a cutter because it's pretty.

What I don't like with the machine is that your cuts have little chads. This is how the machine uses no mats. Think Coluzzle here. Even though I love my Coluzzle I don't want that with a machine. I can't Print & Cut. I am sure you could with a hinge method which a lot of times can work better than the laser method.

I always kind of forget the eCraft exists because it's such a quiet company. That is not a bad thing though. Instead of being popular one they might be the steady cutter company. My advice is see if one of your LSS know where you might be able to test one.

Here's the eCraft cutter yahoo group- eCraft_Crafters : eCraft_Crafters It doesn't seem very active at the moment. I would join anyway and read the messages to get an idea of the cutter. I am pretty sure this was the group of beta testers for that cutter too.

I think there are a couple of Ecraft experts on the MTC forum.

This sweet lady is one of the known experts on the E-craft- Purple Paper Paradise. I am pretty sure she helped beta test the machine.
Thank you...I'm glad you know so much! Really appreciate your patience.
I would never base my decision on looks. Size is a factor, and if it happens to be Pink , woo hoo ! I will gladly look at the information you provided . The inside mechanics of the machine on video I had watched looked like it is a well made machine. Not a lot of plasticy parts, (maybe I should say as much). So I will look into what you gave me. Thanks again!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!