View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 06:30 PM   #91
etsdas
Stazon Splitcoast

I am never sure where to put updates, so I will post one here. Some of you will recall sending cards to Betty - early this year (Post 269 in the Destination thread). Betty was diagnosed with lung cancer, and had been given about 6 months. She was placed on an aggressive chemo therapy. In mid summer we had a report that she was doing fairly well, but treatments were reduced to minimize side affects.
I just had an e-mail today that she has had additional set backs. Betty had an apparent heart attack a couple of weeks ago - it had seemed like a digestive problem. At this time, Betty realizes her time is limited, but she has a strong desire to travel from AZ to MO for a family reunion, a wedding, and first visits with 2 great grandchildren. In Don's words, she would then be ready to go Home.
He is requesting prayers that Betty would have the strength to accomplish this. I am sure that additional thinking of you cards would be welcome as well - her travel is to be about Sept. 7.

Betty Vannatta
872 E. Settlers Trl.,
Casa Grande, AZ. 85122

Thanks to everyone for all that you do for so many. I have often been MIA this summer, but will be catching up.
My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!