View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 01:50 AM   #13
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewnmachine View Post
But in defense of the Cricut (and I am a ProvoCraft hater) - I
sewnmachine- I got the biggest laugh out of your quote. ROFL. I feel the same way. I get so paranoid to update. I just know one day my machines will blow up and PC is always working on something. Usually it's not a fix for our machines, lol. It seems so many Cricut users defend that poor little machine and hate the company.

I have gotten my carts off Ebay too for less than $20. Only time I paid full price was when my DH bought me the Cricut when it first came out. He bought 4 of the cartridges at $90 a piece. I have over 100 cartridges now and most of them have been free or gifts. The rest of my collection averages to about $20 a piece. I have bought full cartridges, brand new for only $5. I have my manuals stored on my computer and a separate SD card for my Nook Tablet. I get so mad at PC I could scream but I really do love the Cricut for the images. I am just not really into Silhouette's designs. They are beautiful but not my style. I hardly buy anything at their store.

Die Cutters- I have a Gazelle, Cameo, Cricut Imagine, & Create. I use my Create & Gazelle the most. I am thinking my Imagine is going to start getting used a lot more since I can refill the ink cartridges. I am pretty excited about that.

Love the Cricut for the images and it can be easy if PC is not messing with it.

Gazelle is a powerful cutter. I have done a lot of reviews of it over here. I use it for all my heavy duty cutting like balsa wood, foam, thick papers, & chipboard. It's also my design cutter. I design a lot of my own work and cut it out with the Gazelle. BossKut puts a lot of love into the Gazelle. Their customer support is hands down best in the plotter industry. They really care about making you happy when you buy the machine.

Cameo- She is my intricate cutter. I use it for intricate cutting like doilies, laces and miniatures. No machine is better on the market for miniatures than the Cameo, hands down. You work in miniatures this is the machine you need. I also use the Cameo for all my Print & Cut. I do a lot of intricate Print & Cut designs. Cameo is a lightweight machine so you won't be able to cut heavy materials. It was made to be a light machine that does intricate cutting.

Also on the market is the Sizzix Eclips, also an excellent machine. Sizzix is trusted in the die cutting market and has loyal customers. I think Sizzix to die cutting girls is our Craftsman. KNK Zing- Powerful machine for a great price. Can be a bit too powerful for a lot of users. KNK is an excellent company with a long history in the plotter market.

All the cutters I mentioned above are the hot ones on the market now. They are also the ones with the best customer service, except PC (which sadly most of know that ).

My advice is take the above list and google some blogs and you tube videos. If you go to forums look for the experienced users and not fans of the machines. The fans are great but they are still on the "high" of their loved machine, understandably. You will buy the cutter, get it in and might hate it, think the fans are half baked for recommending the machine. If you are interested in one of the machines just give me a holler and I can give you some names of the experienced users for those machines who will be glad to help. They post on the respective forums for those machines.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!